Thursday, July 16, 2009

"she can laugh at the days to come"


Once again, after praying for a friend, I was convicted of something for myself. After graciously asking how she can be praying for me, I asked her the same. She asked that I pray that she will trust in the Lord, and not be anxious about the (near) future. So, as I was praying for her last night, I asked God to help her be a woman who can laugh at the days to come:

Proverbs 31:25 (NIV)

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

I then followed that up by asking that the days ahead have no mastery over her. That those as-of-now empty days (at least, to her they are - not to God!) will be full of promise for her, and not to be anxious about what may come - to not worry that they will in some way disappoint, but to trust in what God is working out for her right now. There are many exciting things happening in her life, but it is definitely a time when she needs to trust God with everything!


But then again, shouldn't we all? All the time? Hence the turning around and praying this for myself! I do not want the future to have any mastery over me. I don't want to worry about what might (or might not) come. I want to rest in the hope that is Jesus Christ, that He is working all things for my good, and to His glory. After that, what more could I ask for?

No comments: